Thursday, July 1, 2010

Telemarketing Swindle through Chimneys!

If you are living in Southern Maine, you’d be careful about telemarketing agents offering to clean up your chimney! The call center agent is more likely to be working for a scam company. Can’t say about your chimney, but the job will definitely clean you off your purse! So here’s how it goes. The outbound call center agent calls you with an offer to clean your chimney for $50. You jump at the offer because you don’t really get a chimney job done at anything so less. You agree.

TelemarketingThe fraudulent telemarketing agent sends over mechanics to do the task. Then they suggest you need a new chimney liner. It’s obvious that you are more likely to agree to the call center guy because you have a chimney but don’t really know everything about it. You give them the green signal. The work gets done and you bless your stars thinking that the outbound call center call just saved you a huge expense. That’s a delusion that lasts till you get the bill. Yes, the figure reads $2,400!

Beware of Lysco Contracting! That’s the name of the company that is asking the telemarketing callers to make those calls. They claim that because they conduct numerous chimney cleaning jobs in the same area, they can justify the paltry cost that they are charging. The law at Maine says that for any contractual job, the customer and the company have a 3-day gap to back out. Lysco dismisses it saying the law doesn’t hold for emergency cases!

3 comments:

  1. Oh! Thank you for the warning. This should be spread out to avoid unnecessary thing to happen. Please keep us posted. Good Luck and More power.

    Danielle

    Order taking services

    ReplyDelete
  2. My experience with them was much different. About 3 weeks ago, I received a call from Lysco telling me that they would clean my chimney for 59.95, and I set up an appointment. They called ahead to let me know they were on the way, and arrived on time. They were very knowledgable and performed the service as advertised. They advised me that I might want to consider a liner in the future (my house is 80 years old) and provided me with an estimate, but told me that it was ok for now and it was just something to consider down the line. All in all I was very satisfied and if I do decide to have a liner installed I won't hesitate to have them do the work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lysco are a bunch of crooks. They call at all hours unsolicited and refuse to make use of do not call lists.

    ReplyDelete